Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Eve

Well, this is the first year in 10 years I didn't have any plans for New Years. We usually would play poker with Jason's family. For fairly obvious reasons, I didn't have plans. So, me and the boys decided to watch a bunch of movies and have a bunch of treats. They aren't old enough to really play many games, but they did enjoy the movies. My night didn't start out all that great. On Sunday, I stepped on a piece of wood and it broke off in my foot. Well, the pain wasn't bad on Sunday. Monday morning it started hurting. Tuesday, I was really feeling the pain. By Wed, I was in a lot of pain. In fact, I even drove around looking for a doctor that was open so that he could get the piece of wood out. Given the fact that it was New Year's Eve, they were all closed early. I figured I would have to deal with the pain until Friday.

Jennifer called me that evening and told me that Jaime would be willing to get it out for me. Well, I was in so much pain that I figured I had better suck it up and see if he could get it out. So, before he got there, I popped a Norco so that it wouldn't hurt so bad. Let me tell you, it's a good thing I took that pill. Jaime dug around in my foot and eventually got it out. Yes, there was a nice hole in my foot. It hurt so bad! By the end of the night, it was already feeling so much better. I was so happy to bring the New Year in without a piece of wood in my foot :)

Thanks Jaime and Happy New Year to all of you.

4 comments:

Kim A. Hodges said...

So, did Jaime charge you an arm and a leg for performing surgery??? I'm glad that it is out and your foot is feeling better.

Jen Tolman said...

Well I'm glad that you are able to get around a little better now. I think it is time you head over and we go for a big walk to break your foot back in!!!

hotwheels_mama said...

Thanks Jen. I am so looking forward to a long walk, especially with my broken foot. Sorry, Jaime didn't fix that one:)

No, he didn't charge me an arm and a leg, just a foot. LOL

Kathy said...

Never a dull moment at your house. I do think things are a little better over there now!!!!!!! Glad your foot is better.