Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Job

I know that I have not taken the time to write much, but I have been busy at work trying to make a good impression on my bosses. It must be working, since I just received a pretty awesome job promotion.

I applied for Life Skills Trainer there a couple months ago. Then, waited forever and ever for them to decide to do interviews. Finally, I got my chance at an interview. I know that I did awesome at the interview, but the waiting was killing me. You all know how patient I can be. Finally, the day I had court for the kids, my boss pulls me aside and lets me in on a huge secret. She is applying for a job in Baker and her position will come open here if she gets that job. On top of that, she told the bosses that I would be the best replacement for her. Knowing this, I suddenly don't care about the Life Skills Trainer position. So, I patiently wait a little longer until last Friday when I get the unofficial job offer. Then, yesterday, I received the official offer. So, yesterday it started getting announced at work that Carolyn Anderson is the new Family Care Coordinator (FCC). Am I excited, heck yeah! Am I nervous, heck yeah! Can I do it, heck yeah! FCC is a pretty important position at Lifeways. I run meetings daily. Not just one, but several. I will be coordinating all the care needed for the kiddos on my case load. I will have 40 families on my case load. I will be working from 8 - 5, daily. Yep, getting a raise that will be official tomorrow. As well as some other benefits.

On a side note. I have finally received my grade for my capstone. I got an A-, so pretty excited about that too. And lastly, I am applying for a masters program. I'm going to be doing that online, pretty much the only way I can go to school, work full time and juggle the lives of three busy kids.

I just wanted to fill everyone in on my latest news :)

Love you all and thanks for all your support. I couldn't do this without you.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is awesome and I'm happy that something is going good for you right now. Keep at it and you will go great!

hotwheels_mama said...

Thanks Mom. I can't believe that this time last year I had no clue that I would be this far in life a year later. It's amazing the changes that the having the gospel in your life can make. I know who is responsible for who I am and where I'm at.