Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chance turns 5

I can't believe my little boy is already 5!!! It seems like yesterday that he was born. So, he woke up this morning and was the most patient birthday boy I have ever met. He was totally fine with waiting until his party to open his presents. However, I did give him his birthday outfit. At noon, I snuck away from work and took him some cupcakes to class. The look on his face when I walked through the door with his treats was worth running like mad to get them to him.

For dinner, Chance chose Mac and Cheese, rolls with jam and chocolate milk. I tried really hard to get him to add some meat or something, but he wouldn't have it. So, we had exactly what he wanted. After that, we had his little party. I was intending on just having me and the boys, but they were so kind and started inviting people. So, I went with it. We had a pinata, cake and ice cream. All the kids (10 of them) were very sugared up by the time they all left. Chance loved all of his presents, and was way excited that grandma gave him a bubble machine and the Griffith's gave him a spiderman hand that shoots webs/water. Course, the DSi I gave him made him happy.

Chance has had a very eventful year this past year. He was diagnosed with Aspergers, started preschool to help deal with the social limitations he has, has been switching medication often to help with his ADHD. He has learned to talk better, ride his bike without training wheels and a multitude of other accomplishments. The best thing he has learned is how to do laundry. Course, he doesn't do that as often as I would like. All in all, it has been an amazing year and I am so thankful to have him as my child!


Dinner!!!


Took a couple tries


I got a DSi!!!!


Taking a swing. Megan finally cracked it :)


Batman cake


Playing with the bubble machine grandme and grandpa gave him.

No comments: