Sunday, August 28, 2011

First day of school

After a fun and exciting summer, the day finally creeped up on me and it was time for school to start. I couldn't believe that all 3 of my boys would be in school this year! My baby started Kindergarten! He, however, was a lot more excited than I was about it. I have kind of been dreading the first day, only because it means that all of my boys are growing up on me.

The first day for Chance was on Thursday, 8/25. He was so excited to get his new school clothes on and get his back pack on. I got to go with him as far as the lunchroom, where he met up with his class, they lined up and left us parents behind. I definitely figured I would be crying, since my little baby boy is now a big Kindergartner. However, it turned from me being concerned with my tears to me being concerned that he wouldn't go. Chance pulled his typical Aspergers behavior and started to pull away. He refused to sit with his class and was inching towards the door. I was afraid he would be the child who would have to be peeled off of me. I kept trying to engage him with his class, while his dad was encouraging him to disengage from his class. After a few words with his dad, I was able to get him to engage with his class right before they lined up to leave. Thankfully that was enough time and he left happily with his class.

When I picked Chance up after school, he was way excited and can't wait for his next day of school. He didn't go on Friday, since they take half the class one day and the other half the second day. When asked if he made friends, he replies that he hasn't made friends yet, but he will.



All 3 of them excited for their first day.



Way excited :)


Standing in line for breakfast - Bryce sharing his wisdom about school with Chance.


Eating Breakfast


In line, ready to go to class.

No comments: