Chance decided he wanted to be in wrestling this year. I know, I have always sworn I would never put my boys in wrestling, but I decided to let him. On 3/3/12, he had his very first tournament. He won the first match but then lost the last 2. The very last one, the other kid did an illegal move and held Chance down and choked him. I didn't know what was going on with the angle that I was watching, but couldn't understand why Chance had given up. After Chance was pinned, he got up and came running to me crying with a beet red face. He was saying, he choked me. The ref didn't call it. However, the ref did apologize to him after. I figured that he was done, but the coach talked to him and told him how great he was and that next time he would do better.
Chance received 4th out of 4 kids, but he had a blast - besides the choking incident. His coach said that he is a natural and has some techniques that can't be taught - things that even the high school wrestlers can't do. I think I'm looking at more years of wrestling.
Here are some pictures and even a video...
So excited!
Warming up...
About to start his first match
And finally...
1 comment:
Look out he will be beating you up!!! HAHA!!!!
Post a Comment